Sunday, August 2, 2009

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes - How do you measure, measure a year?

Wow...well its been a year at Extranomical...what a year! Where'd the time go? It flew in... It feels like I just arrived here yesterday :( I've grown so much as a person, I wouldn't know where to begin describing. This has been a great experience for me and it's sad that it has come to an end. Anyway my last day of work was on Friday ( July 31st)... And its now VACATION! woohooo! I got a week in San Francisco hanging with the homies that haven't left yet, then a East Coast to Philadelphia ... then I hit the heat in Arizona for Chelsea's Birthday(its gonna be HOT) in Phoenix, then Tucson with some friends from camp (hopefully) then to Las Vegas once more (with Chelsea) then last stop is Miami were the beaches are at :) I'll keep you posted if I manage to have some free time at the airports :)

There is a few things I would like to say before I take off gallivanting around San Francisco. I've left the Vantaggio ... I'm not the only one to be checking out this weekend... all of my Family there have left... and the 'next generation' of students have arrived. We had a party on Friday ... super fun drunk times ... like always ... the party at Vantaggio was off the hook ... great food and great drink and great times. The party started great ... Roly made some GREAT pasta... and then Jo had made her famous Sangria ... the Irish in the Vantaggio ... now 4 of us, decided to start singing (like the Irish do after they've had a few) ... then we're greeted with two guys ... in Uniform ... haha yep the cops. There's a saying somewhere that goes something like 'you know the party is good if the cops show up' so yeah... we were too loud apparently ... anyway they left... and it was all good, the party still continued... everyone got happy VERY happy... some even fell asleep because they were so happy! Those who where still awake decided to go to the Temple Bar (which was only a block away) for a karaoke sing song. I hadn't sang at Karaoke since I've been in San Francisco... I love it :) anyway after that it was time to call it a night ... I had to check out of the Vantaggio and go to Alcatraz (that's a post to follow) the next day...

Just a few words now... sob...

Extranomical Adventures - Thanks guys, I had a great year and met a lot of really great people. It was a pleasure working with everyone there and I will miss you all... I hope that my job in the future involves as many cool people as you guys. Your support throughout the year has been great and the opportunities provided I feel are once in a life time. Thanks a lot to everyone at Extranomical.

Vantaggio Suites - My main home throughout my stay... I made lots of friends there to whom are friends for life... I've already mentioned my goodbyes as all my really close friends have already returned to there home countries... First of all, Jo, thank you so much for being a great friend, you're a great person, I will miss you but I will see you you are a friend for life and I'm coming to Venice to see you soon! (you're coming to Belfast too). I love you Jo! Then the staff at the front desk, Megan, one of my chums... a learned a lot from her and times did get tough through the year ... we helped each other out... thanks Megan! Sen, (works the grave yard at Vantaggio) I would come home from a night out on the piss and have serious drunken conversations(he'd be sober of course) with sen... Funny times!

Dave - My roommate for the year. Being totally honest when I say this, I don't think I would've asked for a better roommate. You where extremely understanding and it was great hanging out and talking with you. We'll hang out one last time before I leave San Francisco. Thanks Dave!

So I've checked out of the Vantaggio. My closest friend, Tony, has provided me with a room for a week. So I got somewhere comfortable to sleep for a week. :)

Like I said the next post will be Alcatraz... but below are the pictures from the parteee!






2 comments:

  1. hey man.. its true.. how do you sum up a year.. i think i'm avoiding it.

    Thanks Scottie.. thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I felt sad reading this. I remember when we used to talk before you even thought about going to SF. I've kept up with your blog since and feel sad to see you leave SF. Good luck in your future, Scottie-dude, and I know we'll keep in touch wherever you end up.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for the comment guys...i gotta review the shizzle first so it'll not appear for a bit :)

Scottie :)