Friday, July 17, 2009

You can never step into the same river, new waters always flow on to you

Today I grew a set and went White Water Rafting... Basically it's the dogs balls. I'd never done this before. Banana Boating, yes. Canoeing, yes. White water rafting was something else. I was excited, then you sign the liability release forms where the first line reads 'You are aware that you may die' ... Luckily I brought spare undies...

I took the tour with Extranomical Adventures, with Curt as the tour guide ... we headed to a place just outside Sacramento called, Camola? I forget the spelling ... but anyway the rafting was on the South Fork of the American River and this was lead by American White Water, which was OFF THEE HOOK! Our raft guide was called Patrick, he got us down those rapids easily... he knew what he was talkin about and told pretty cool stories from the Gold Rush period - (I'm not gonna go on but it's the times of Cowboy's and Indian's and they used to look for gold along the river)... Anyway some of the rapids names where a little bit 'intense' for a better word for example one was called 'Meat Grinder'. The last rapid was the best... 'Trouble Maker' where some pretty cool photos where taken. They're below... see if ya can find me! This was probably a one of the highlights of my year... I got lucky that Extranomical was running this tour!! Thanks Extranomical!!


2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Did you guys tip over ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Coloma, dude. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for the comment guys...i gotta review the shizzle first so it'll not appear for a bit :)

Scottie :)